Exclusive: New FTB Launcher and Website Preview
Today at Insomnia Gaming Festival the FTB founder Slowpoke101, Launcher developer JJW123, Site designer Captainnana and ComputerCraft developers Dan200 and Cloudy sat down to a packed panel room audience to talk about FTB and it’s future.
They started with the announcement of their brand new website. They talked about it’s sleek and easy to navigate look and feel. Compared to the older site it definitely is a huge improvement. Just the art work alone is just amazing. It is very informative about the people behind FTB, each mod developer has their own page to talk about themselves. Full clear information on all FTB packs and the mods used to make those packs. Also the addition of FTB merchandise, T-shirts, hoodies etc. Also there was talk of the ability to buy T-shirts that the mod devs themselves have made.
The site is now live for you to check out for yourselves. Head over to http://www.feed-the-beast.com
All artwork for the site has been designed by @BigBadChris
Next, talk moved to the new FTB Launcher. What a difference. Where do I start?
- New sleek look to match the sites new theme
- The whole launcher was built from the ground up
- Easy to navigate, clearly see what mod packs are available all in one area
- More information on all the packs
- Resize the launcher to fit your screen
- You will be able to customise the skin of the launcher to best suit you
- All mods downloaded will be saved in one place. (Unlike before, where you would download a mod more than once if using multiple packs that had the same mod)
- You will be able to pick and choose your mods for the packs. All mods can be downloaded individually, instead of just one big zip file.
- It will be easier to add Private Server packs, Just send a mod list and configs. The launcher will do the rest.
- The ability to copy a modpack instance will be available, for example- if you play on two Unleashed server that had different configs you can have an instance for both servers.
- A vanilla instance will be on the launcher, also Snapshots will be available as and when they are released
The Launcher isn’t ready yet, but will be ready Soon™